Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I am shaking my head as I post these numbers. Each is drawn individually at different times and I thought I would improve each one as I went along - but they actually get worse. To confuse myself I scanned them in the wrong order. The backgrounds are strips of newsprint with waterbased printing inks. On which I drew the numbers and then filled them in with black acrylic paint. This is the penultimate challenge for the alphabet exchange I joined, ohhh soo long ago.

8thFebruary2009 post amended. I am quite happy to have lost these images on the blog and I cannot find them in my files. I still have the book so one day I will rescan and edit them back here. Oh darn I have just found this and thought I have better repost after all.

No comments: