Friday, December 19, 2008

This is our second try at sketching in public, a month later, almost to the day. I am slow, I am put off by people noticing me staring and looking up and down at them. I think dark glasses might help, perhaps a hat with a brim too. I also forgot to make notes on details such as colours. We did not take cameras. It was very pleasant sitting in a cafe drinking orange juice and coffee, time passed by in a blink. I would like to continue and get more proficient so that I can capture the atmosphere rather than worry about lips, noses and eyes. Is the purpose of sketches like this to be studies for later development, or to just record where I was, or to file away for future use maybe? I think I need to record the space I am in as well. Wow! big task for me.

No comments: