Saturday, June 23, 2012

I needed to start something with no criteria or expectations (they soon appeared though). A simple little journal to do with as I felt like. For many weeks I have had a small sheaf of tissue paper hanging above me drying. The pieces were used to soak up the last of some printing ink on the glass and I experimented with them. I was amazed at how long it took for the ink to dry and the colour is not my favourite at the moment. So expecting nothing, I removed the used front section of the notebook that I had started a year of two before and stuck the first sheet in. I didn't even trim it. Using a rollataq applicator worked well, didn't disturb the ink or tear the tissue but it was tricky to handle when wet with glue. I wrote a few words about nothing and thought yes that's what I'll do, just make sure I put words on every page.

No comments: