Thursday, March 21, 2013

Every day matters # 105 challenge - Draw some scissors.
The top image was started with a paper stencil of a pair of old Chinese scissors and arranged into an all over pattern and painted with watercolours. The image below was spread with a fine pumice gel medium, covered with plastic wrap and then pressed with all the examples of scissors I could find at home. When it was dry I removed the film, further drying was needed. I inked up my roller with Akua printing ink and masked the areas I didn't want printed with torn paper, and rolled them. This took ages to dry. Charcoal tinted pencils were added to the mix and finally a few watercolour washes. 

2 comments:

Di said...

You never cease to amaze me. You must be very pleased with this outcome.

Hillary said...

Bit worried because there is no connection between the scissors and the drawing? Therefore the scissors should be less dominant or the drawing should have been of my sewing machine!