Friday, June 07, 2013

The first day of a new project, which goes under the name 100 Days NZ. I have planned to print a small item everyday for the required period. Today it was some light weight aluminium, onto it I wrote with a pen, trying to remember how to write backwards and keep the nib flat on the metal. This was then put in a bath of chemicals which etched into the metal, the plate then dried, covered with water based ink and run through the printing press. I had quite a bit of left over ink so I made some small note cards with the brayer and various textures, off setting  and mono prints. The greyish card just left of centre is the project one. See the project site here

No comments: