Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Collaged P: On the left hand side is a fossil image printed on 3 different tracing papers with graduated resolution, and tipped in on the left hand edge, which has been opened out. Centre image, the word patience is written out twice with a ruling pen. This is covered over with a P stencil, positive and negative with grey pan pastel sponged on. The third image is with the printed images shut over the P and the word patience. Not sure what I was thinking when I started this! Maybe I just need to finish this alphabet, I'll go and look up the word collage.

2 comments:

Gwen Buchanan said...

Awww. Fossils.. We collect and love them.. your work is great!!

Anonymous said...

We have a small collection too. I noticed them on your blog. I wish I had named them when I found/bought/ and was given them. 'Ancient' makes/takes me away. I have touched part of the Gibeon meteorite 2.5 billion years old, the oldest object they have found on earth yet.